Wednesday, August 20, 2014

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

It's all fun and games....until you are nominated!  Many of you have seen the ALS ice bucket challenge.  It's a great way to raise awareness and funds for ALS.  A family friend of mine lost his mom to ALS a few years ago.  It's been fun to watch everyone get ice water dumped on them but I was secretly praying no one would nominate me to do it.  Well, last night I was just about to go to bed when I decided to check my FB feed and low and behold I was challenge by a friend who is a parent at Freeman via her kids, our students.  As I showed my husband the nomination, he said I had to do it at school.  I agreed.  A 5th grade teacher was also challenged so I called her up and we decided we would take care of this challenge in the morning.

So...to prove our dedication to the ALS ice bucket challenge, see our video below.  It was fun and the kids enjoyed watching us get dumped on.  Boy, was it cold!  I think I got a brain freeze on the outside.  After our fun, we nominated Mr. Floth and Mr. Yates to do the challenge so we will see if they pay up tomorrow.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment