Monday, November 6, 2017

Kindness Day #4- November 4

Rocky Before

  Living on a farm, you never know what adventures you might run across.  I grew up on a farm, but still consider it my home.  On Saturday, I was visiting my mom when she told me that the farm dog had gotten ahold of a baby kitty.  Usually this is code for 'snapped neck' or 'killed.'  His coat was drenched in dog slobber, not moving very much with his eyes half open.  The poor thing was simply adorable but pretty pathetic.  Being the animal lover that I am, I picked up the box and took him home.  The girls would be thrilled, but my husband, not so much!  My mom and I agreed that he would be lucky to make it through the night.

When I got home, I made a soft bed for him and let him rest.  Being a mom, I didn't sleep well wondering if he would be alive in the morning or not.  About 1:30 I got up to check on him.  He popped his little head up and was crying.  Now this little guy is little so hasn't been weaned off his mother.  I had some soft kitten food and put some water with it and it ate and ate as best he could.  I tucked him into bed again thinking the morning looked promising.  By morning our little fighter kitten was up and meowing and starving!  So more soft food and water.  By mid morning he was following us around the house and purring!  I have never seen a wild barn kitten so tame and loving when it hasn't been around people.

He is a lovey kitten and we hope to find a nice home for him.  Although we joke that we may need to help him "recover" for life.  Picking out a name was tricky, but I think we settled on Rocky.  He is a fighter after all.
Rocky After

No comments:

Post a Comment