Thursday, November 2, 2017

November Kindness Project

Quite a while ago, I read the book, WONDER by RJ Palacio.  This was one of the best books that I had read in a very long time.  One of those "so good that you cry" books.  It's a favorite for adults and students alike.  I could hardly contain my excitement when I learned that there was a movie that was coming out.  As a bonus, the main actor is Owen Wilson and actress, Julia Roberts!!  If you don't know the story WONDER, you need to.  I will write more about that later.

You may have seen some pictures or clipart of something like this:



Being kind is a major theme that runs through the book.  Ironically, November is also Kindness month.  Let's face it, we all need a little more kindness in the world, right?!  We had a staff meeting yesterday where I presented to the staff a challenge.  I copied a blank calendar of the month of November and challenged each staff to perform one random act of kindness for each day of the month and jot it down...accountability to themselves. 

At home, I created a video with my own girls about a kindness challenge to the students.  Students are also to perform acts of kindness each week and post it up on our bulletin board by the elementary office.  My hope is that the board will be bursting with all kinds of kindness but also create some change so that practicing kindness becomes a habit without thinking.

Check back here to see all the good that is happening.  Of course, tweet it out if you can #BeKind.

No comments:

Post a Comment